The Bowser Administration and Secretary of DC Lauren C Vaughan will host A Public Forum on the New DC Archives. The Secretary of the District of Columbia, in cooperation with the Friends of the DC Archives, is convening a forum to garner public input and ensure that the residents of the District of Columbia have an opportunity to learn about and understand the importance of protecting and preserving DC’s valuable historical documents and artifacts.
The forum will feature a panel of experts including the Honorable Charlene Drew Jarvis, PhD, who will serve as moderator, regarding the preservation of government records (the new Archives building) followed by questions and discussion.
Topics will include:
- History of the DC Archives
- Statement of Need and Project Overview
- Considerations for a multifunctioning facility: space type; size; research; records processing, storage, oral history, meetings and preservation & digital laboratory
- National standards, what’s best for DC?
- Relationship of Archivist & executor of plans, Dept. of General Services
For more information, please contact: Office of the Secretary 202-727-6306 [email protected]
Friends of the DC Archives
Bill Rice (202) 437-7787 or Fynnette Eaton (202) 203-8098.