(Washington, DC) - Today, the Office of the Secretary of the District of Columbia announced that the following organizations have been awarded the FY2017 Grant to Promote District of Columbia Voting Rights and Statehood:
- DC Latino Leadership Council $10,000
- DC Vote $75,000
- Hill Center $10,000
- League of Women Voters Education Fund $50,000
- Stand Up! for Democracy $10,000
- Students for DC Statehood $15,000
- The Creative Coalition $10,000
- Vision House $10,000
These organizations will advocate for voting rights and statehood for the District of Columbia and will augment the District’s efforts in educating visitors to the District as well as others around the country about the lack of full democracy for District of Columbia residents.
The Request for Applications from nonprofit organizations for the grant program was published in the Friday, April 28, 2017 .