Protocol and International Affairs
Protocol and International Affairs has numerous responsibilities:
- Working with Ambassadors and their staff to facilitate municipal services and special requests.
- Meeting with foreign officials.
- Sharing best practices and planning sessions for international delegations.
- Arranging educational exchanges for students.
- Attending National Day celebrations and other special events.
- Coordinating projects between citizen groups and the diplomatic/international community.
- Providing venues where information can be shared among the different communities.
- Arranging mayoral visits.
- Advising the Mayor on international issues.
- Working closely with the US Department of State and other internal and government offices on relevant issues.
- Managing Sister City relationships.
- Representing the Mayor at international conferences and events.
- Providing assistance and advice to government officials on international travel and correspondence.
- Frequently Asked Questions - Office of Protocol and International Affairs
- Frequently Asked Questions - Sister Cities, Flag Protocol and Diplomatic Ranking
Protocol and International Affairs is managed and administered through the Office Protocol and International Affairs.
Office of the Secretary; Patricia Elwood, Director
Contact Suite #:
Monday through Friday 9 am to 5:30 pm